post

Upgrade update

The upgrade went fairly well. There were 2 issues that I was expecting I would have to work around/fix. For both of them I already had a plugin that I have used on a handful of client sites. There were 2 other issues that cropped up that I was not expecting. In the end, the 4 issues accounted for about 4/5 of the time that went into the upgrade.

Once those issues were resolved Andrea & I started working on a revamp of the HSJ home page. If you haven’t seen it yet. Pop on over and have a look. There are still a few outstanding items that are on my list. But things are coming together. Before the end of the summer, we may move the site to a new dedicated server. I have to test some of the things we are using on HSJ on the new server to ensure that everything will function properly before we plan/schedule the move.

About Ron

Homeschooling dad of 4 (ages 27 - 14), grampy to 3, WordPress core contributor, former farmboy & software developer by profession.